Help with transport to school

Pupils with a statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) may qualify with help with transport costs. To see if you are eligible the school will complete the relevant forms. The SEN service assesses the entitlement for pupils with a statement of SEN or Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP). (See also: Further information about home to school transport at Special Schools.)

Privilege seats

If your child does not qualify for travelling expenses, you may apply for him to be a ‘privilege’ passenger on school transport. This will depend on whether there are spare seats and only applies if the vehicle is contracted by Hampshire County Council to transport children. The privilege place can be withdrawn at short notice if it is needed for a child who qualifies for free transport.

There is a flat-rate charge for privilege seats which is the same for all children whatever their age or the distance travelled. If you receive income support, or income-based job seeker’s allowance, you do not have to pay.


School transport contacts

The Passenger Transport Group, Environment Department, Winchester SO23 8UD

01962 841841


Cras sagittis nulla sit amet feugiat pulvinar. Fusce scelerisque aliquet purus, sit amet rutrum augue euismod ut. Aliquam erat volutpat. Integer convallis, ligula non bibendum dictum, ante lectus fringilla nunc, at euismod neque enim sit amet ante. In risus velit, porttitor blandit magna vel, adipiscing semper libero.